Projects executed and closed during the 2016-2019 business plan
- Dissemination and adaptation of guidelines for the methodology of inventory, recycling, refurbishment and environmentally sound disposal of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- Capacity building and technical assistance program for the national plans for the implementation of the Stockholm Convention in the least developed African countries and small island developing States, carried out in 16 French-speaking African countries from 2013 to 2018.
- Project "Demonstration of a regional approach for an environmentally sound management of liquid waste from polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), transformers and capacitors containing PCBs in 14 French-speaking African countries".
- The e-waste Africa project (Waste electrical and electronic equipment) in Côte d'Ivoire and Benin from 2009 to 2012.
- PROBO KOALA project in Côte d'Ivoire on "capacity building for the monitoring and control of transboundary movements of hazardous chemicals and wastes and their environmentally sound management" from 2009 to 2011.
- Replication of the PROBO KOALA project in three French-speaking African countries (Gabon, Morocco and Madagascar) in 2012.
Workshops organized during the 2016-2019 business plan
Regional and sub-regional workshops
- Regional training workshop on capacity building for focal points in the Africa region for the implementation of the Basel and Rotterdam conventions.
Participating countries: 54 African countries
Place and date: Ndiambour, Dakar / Senegal, from September 16 to 19, 2019
- Sub-regional training workshop for network administrators on the online training platform and the network for the exchange of information on electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) from five French-speaking African countries.
Participating countries: Côte d’Ivoire, Morocco, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Togo
Place and date: Dakar-Senegal from September 4 to 6, 2019
- National training workshop on the tutoring of six modules on validated WEEE (General information on WEEE, Inventory of WEEE, Legislation on WEEE, Procedure for prior consent and illicit trafficking of WEEE, Intervention on WEEE, Application network and Communication on WEEE).
Place and date: Dakar / Senegal, from August 27 to 30, 2019
- National training workshop for PCB holders on the development of the national PCB elimination plan and on calculating the energy efficiency of transformers,
Date and place: Douala / Cameroon, from 5 to 6 August 2019
Preparatory Meeting of the Africa Region of the Conferences of the Parties to the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions, 14-17 March 2017 in Dakar / Senegal
Working session to address specific regional issues related to the ratification and early implementation of the Minamata Convention in the Africa Region from 14 to 17 March 2017 in Dakar / Senegal
A sub-regional capacity building and technical assistance workshop for the implementation of the Stockholm Convention for judges and magistrate
Participating countries: Benin, Burkina-Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Sao-Tomé, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Chad, Togo
Date and place: From 04 to 05 August 2016 in Dakar-Senegal
- Sub-regional workshop for Customs officers on "Capacity building and technical assistance for the implementation of the Stockholm Convention"
Participating countries: Benin, Burkina-Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Sao-Tomé, Liberia; Sierra Leone, Chad, Togo.
Place and date: Bamako / Mali from 28 to 29 September 2016
National capacity-building workshops and technical assistance for the implementation of the Stockholm Convention
Participating countries (14): Benin, Burkina-Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Sao-Tomé, Liberia; Sierra Leone, Chad, Togo.
Period: During the year 2017.
- National workshops on the chemical information exchange network (REIC / ESTIS Build)
Participating countries (3): Togo, Burkina Faso, Senegal in 2016
- National awareness workshops on polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs),
Participating countries (6): Côte d'Ivoire, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Burkina Faso and Guinea
Period: From January to April 2016